As a small business owner, you know how important it is to keep your employees safe. However, with limited money and resources, it can be a challenge to implement a safety training program to keep your employees out of harm’s way. Therefore, we have complied a list of ways to create and maintain an effective and budget-friendly training program. In addition, protect your operation and your employees with a Santa Fe Workers’ Compensation Insurance program.
According to an article in The Workers’ Comp Gazette, the best way to implement low-cost safety training programs is through employee engagement. Here’s how to motivate employees to practice safety procedures at low cost.
- Avoid using generic safety videos as they don’t relate to the unique exposures your business faces.
- Create a slogan that employees can follow to remind them of the necessary safety procedures.
- Have a supervisor conduct regular training sessions with groups of employees.
- Provide incentives for employees to participate in the safety program.
- Take pictures of employees doing things the right way and the wrong way with a digital camera. Create a PowerPoint Presentation to demonstrate how to stay safe on the job.
- Use the photos you took as reminders of how to properly handle equipment and machinery.
Daniels Insurance, Inc. provides expertise in both Owner Controlled Insurance Programs (OCIP) and Contractor Controlled Insurance Programs (CCIP). For more information about our construction insurance policies and more, contact us today at 855.565.7616.