Daniels Insurance Agency
Call for a Smooth Ride with Our Commercial Auto Insurance
Firms with company vehicles look to purchase auto insurance, but there are other businesses also exposed to automobile liability risks that need this coverage. That’s right, even those companies without any company-owned cars or trucks have business auto exposures. Daniels Insurance Agency is available to review your operation and discuss where you may be leaving your business open to a liability loss involving an auto accident.
No matter what type of vehicle your employees use to conduct business on behalf of your firm—their own auto, a company vehicle, or a rented car—if they are responsible for an accident while on the job, your company could be held liable for the resulting injuries or damage. For example, you may send your employee to make a delivery in his or car, or a salesperson may rent a car while on a business trip, or an employee uses his or her car to grab lunch for the entire office. Commercial auto liability insurance for owned and non-owned vehicles is needed to protect your company in these instances.
Under the Hood of Business Auto Insurance
A commercial auto policy provides a number of key coverages, including:
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: The policy pays for damages if your business is legally responsible for an accident injuring someone other than passengers in your auto. It also provides for legal defense and court costs if you (as business owner) or your company is sued.
- Property Damage: This part of the policy will pay expenses to someone else whose auto or other property is damaged in a covered accident for which your company is responsible.
- Medical Payments: This coverage pays for reasonable expenses for necessary medical and funeral services to you (as business owner), your employees or passengers incurred as a result of an auto accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists Insurance: Keep in mind that not everyone on the road is as responsible as you or your employees. Some carry too little liability insurance or none at all. That means, if they hit you, there might not be enough or any insurance to pay for the damage or injuries they cause. An uninsured motorists or underinsured motorists insurance policy will fill that gap.
- Non-Collision Damage: By adding comprehensive coverage, you will have protection if your vehicle is damaged by something other than a collision—for example, a falling tree limb or road debris that hits your auto.
- Collision: This coverage pays for any direct and accidental damage to your commercial vehicle caused by a collision regardless of fault.
- Non-Owned Auto: This provides your business and you (as business owner) with liability protection for injuries or damages if your employee is involved in an accident and found responsible while using their own vehicle to perform company business.
- Hired Auto Liability: This coverage provides your business, your employees and you with liability protection when you temporarily rent, lease, hire or borrow vehicles for business use.
There are other benefits you can choose in a commercial auto insurance policy, including coverage for customizations made to your business vehicles and more. Speak with a Daniels Insurance Agency advisor to discover all your options.
We’ll help you prepare for tomorrow today.
Daniels Insurance Agency is poised to help you navigate the risks you face today while assisting you with solutions and strategies to support your business as it expands and grows. We are also an integral part of the communities we serve, understanding the issues of our region to effectively serve our business and individual clients. Give us a call at 800-530‑8885 to find out how we can assist you.