Daniels Insurance Agency
Make Cyber Liability Insurance Part of Your Sound Insurance Solution
Today’s businesses – no matter what industry, no matter what size – are exposed to cyber threats every day if they partake in on-line transactions, store private information on their clients and employees and are connected to the Internet. Top data targets include intellectual property and databases of personal information about employees, partners, suppliers and customers, which can be used for identity theft and fraud. Losses are both direct and indirect, with many businesses citing downtime or lost productivity as a costly side effect of cyber criminal activity. Yet despite increased media coverage of high-profile breaches, many executives still believe their organizations have no valuable data and will not be targeted.
Anatomy of a Cyber Liability Policy
Daniels Insurance Agency is committed to educating clients on the high risk of data breaches and other related exposures and the need for cyber liability insurance to address these exposures. A cyber liability policy can be designed to provide coverage for the following:
- Third-party claims arising from a failure of the insured’s network security or a failure to protect data.
- Regulatory actions in connection with a security failure, privacy breach or the failure to disclose a security failure or privacy breach.
- Payment of customer notifications, public relations and other services to assist in managing and mitigating a cyber incident.
- The costs involved for forensic investigations, legal consultations and identity monitoring for victims of a breach.
- Network business interruption insurance in the event of a material interruption of your business operations caused by network security failure; coverage will provide reimbursement for lost income and operating expenses.
Cyber liability is offered by a number of insurance companies but the policies vary from one to the next and among industry sectors. A healthcare provider’s policy will differ from that of a local retailer, restaurant, or public entity, for example. The professionals at Daniels Insurance Agency will assess your specific exposures and provide you with options that best address your risk profile.
We’ll help you prepare for tomorrow today.
Daniels Insurance Agency is poised to help you navigate the risks you face today while assisting you with solutions and strategies to support your business as it expands and grows. We are also an integral part of the communities we serve, understanding the issues of our region to effectively serve our business and individual clients. Give us a call at 800-530‑8885 to find out how we can assist you.