Daniels Insurance Agency
General Liability Insurance for Protecting Your Assets, Customers, Reputation
Purchasing liability insurance is at the top of the to-do list for any new company, and for those in business for a while, regardless of the size of your operation, reviewing your coverage is prudent to ensure your assets are properly protected. Whether you’re a start-up or large global corporation, take the time to have experienced and knowledgeable insurance professionals assess your general liability insurance. You may be surprised to find that your insurance has coverage gaps or even duplicate coverage.
Daniels Insurance Agency, with nearly 80 years of insuring businesses throughout New Mexico, is ready to go over your operations, review your coverage and let you know where improvements can be made.
Liability insurance protects a company’s assets and pays for obligations – medical costs, for example –incurred if someone gets hurt on your property or when there are property damages or injuries caused by you or your employees. Liability insurance also covers the cost of your legal defense and any settlement or award in the event you are found liable. The policy can also cover claims of false or misleading advertising, including libel, slander, and copyright infringement.
What Affects your General Liability Insurance?
There are several important issues to look at when assessing the effectiveness of your general liability insurance, depending on the type of business you have, the scope of your operations, and your location. Some of the questions our staff will ask you include:
- What is your perceived risk, the type of exposures you face? This will help determine how much coverage you need and whether you should also purchase a commercial umbrella policy to provide coverage beyond your primary limits.
- Do your general liability limits cover newly acquired or formed acquisitions in the event of a loss?
- Do you have products and completed operations exposures and are these covered under your general liability policy if there is a claim of bodily injury or property damage stemming from a product that fails to perform?
- Have your contracts been properly reviewed for potential liability exposures?
- What type of pollution liability exposures exist and are you covered under your liability policy?
General liability insurance can be purchased on its own, or it can be included as part of a Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) which bundles liability and property insurance into one policy. This again will depend on the type and size of your business and the extent of your exposures. We will help determine the best solution for your company.
We will also assess liability risks outside the scope of a general liability policy including cyber threats, employment practices issues, directors and officers exposures, and fiduciary liability.
We’ll help you prepare for tomorrow today.
Daniels Insurance Agency is poised to help you navigate the risks you face today while assisting you with solutions and strategies to support your business as it expands and grows. We are also an integral part of the communities we serve, understanding the issues of our region to effectively serve our business and individual clients. Give us a call at 800-530‑8885 to find out how we can assist you.